Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sherry

Sherry had Deep FX around her eyes and mouth and Active FX on the rest of her face. She is much braver than I as she stayed awake. This is what she said the day after: "Yes, I stayed awake. I didn't have any meds except for an Ibuprofen. The pain was uncomfortable but bearable. The doc used a topical Litacane cream for 90 minutes prior to the procedure. He did the Deep first (around eyes, mouth and in between nose), then the Active over my whole face. Yesterday I took a Darvocet and a Benedryl before bed and today I've taken a Benedryl and fell asleep. I'm very swollen around the eyes today."

Today (48 hours later) Sherry told me she did not sleep well last night even though she is taking Benedryl and Darvocet. About last night she says “I felt like I had prickly-heat and/or bugs crawling on my face” which is exactly how I felt on day 3. Hang in there Sherry – it gets better!!!!

If anyone else out there has or is going to have the treatment and want to be part of this blog send me pics…I’ll be happy to edit and post. My doctor said he will do some touch up work a couple months after I had Active FX so hopefully some time late April I’ll have more pics of myself to post. Until then let’s keep an eye on Sherry!







No comments: